This eSATA 3Gbps Dual Port ExpressCard/34 adds 2 eSATA ports to your laptop computer. It is great for users who want to add SATA connectivity to their laptops but do not want to buy a whole new laptop. Devices commonly used with eSATA ExpressCard/34 adapter are next generation hard drives, DVD drives such as Blu-ray optical drives, HD-DVD drives and perosnal media drives. The slim, portable design fit easily into a laptop bag or backpack.
With support for hard disk hot-plugging, this eSATA adapter provides a convenient way to add high speed, high capacity hard disk drives to your laptop. It works in any available ExpressCard slot and supports data transfer rates up to 3.0 Gbps. This 2-port eSATA ExpressCard adapter offers independent command fetch, scatter/gather, and command execution features. In addition, it also supports 48-bit LBA for drives with capacity larger than 137 GB.
ExpressCards, the brand new standard designed to replace CardBus, effectively quadruples the amount of available computing bandwidth. This results in faster music downloads, smoother streaming video, and lightning-fast access to mass-storage devices.
* Provides Two External SATA ports
* Delivers fast data transfer rates of up to 3.0 Gbps
* Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ), Non-zero offsets NCQ, and Out-of-order data delivery NCQ
* Features the eSATA (external SATA) connectors to provide convenient way to add high speed, high capacity hard disk drives
* Installs in any available ExpressCard slot and is Hot-plug capable
* Comes with drivers for Windows 2000,Windows XP, VISTA, Server 2003
* Supports Windows Vista 64 bit/32bit
* Supports Mac OS 10.4
* Fully RoHS Compliant
* Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003
* Windows Vista 64 bit / 32bit
* Mac OS X v10.4
* Free Express Card slot
Please note, this Express card will not fit into CardBus slot
* 1 x eSATA Express Card / 34
* 1 x Driver CD for Installation
* 1 x Quick Start Guide
Overall Rating for eSATA 3Gbps Dual Port ExpressCard
Most laptop notebook computers have special expansions slots for adding options to your laptops, such as PCMCIA slots, PC Card slots, ExpressCard slots.
If you are confused by the words such as: PCMCIA, PC Card, CardBus, ExpressCard, ExpressCard/34, ExpressCard/54,
Please visit PCMCIA, CardBus and ExpressCard Comparison
to know a little more about them.