Compaq Presario 900 & Evo N1005 Hard Drive Installation
Compaq Presario 900 Series & Evo N1005 Series Notebook Hard Drive Installation Guide:
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Disconnect the AC adapter and all external devices.
3. Remove the hard drive by following these steps:
a. Turn the computer bottom side up with the right side
b. Remove the TM2.5 ×8.0 hard drive retention screw 1
c. Slide the hard drive forward 2 to unseat the hard drive
connector from the system board.
d. Lift the front edge of the hard drive 1 until it rests at an
angle (Figure 5-7).
e. Remove the hard drive from the hard drive bay 2.
4. Remove the four PM3.0 × 3.0 screws 1 that secure the hard
drive to the hard drive bracket (Figure 5-8).
5. Slide the hard drive out of the hard drive bracket 2.
6. Reverse the preceding procedures to install the hard drive and hard drive bracket.
Note: Hard drive brackets are not included with the hard drives. You need to re-use the hard drive brackets when you upgrade the original hard drives with the compatible hard drives listed on this page.