Hard Drive Installation Guide for Gateway Solo 9500, 9550 Series
Hard Drive Installation Guide for Gateway Solo 9500, 9550 Series Notebook ComputersTurn off the computer power.
Wear a grounding wrist strap (available at most electronics stores) and
attach it to a bare metal part of the computer.
Touch a bare metal surface on the back of the computer.
Unplug the power cord and modem cable.
Remove the main battery (and secondary battery, if installed).
To replace the main hard drive:
1. Before replacing the hard drive, follow these guidelines:
2. Shut down your notebook (do not put it in hibernate mode), then
disconnect the power adapter and modem and network cables.
3. Turn the notebook over, then remove the main battery (and second battery, if installed).
4. Slide and hold the release latch, then pull the 3.5-inch module straight out and away from your notebook. The main hard drive kit is located beneath the 3.5-inch module.
5. Remove the two screws that secure the hard drive kit to the notebook.
6. Slide the hard drive kit away from the connector.
7. Lift the end of the hard drive kit remove the kit from the bay.
8. Remove hard drive caddy from hard drive, re-use it on the new hard drive
9. Place the new hard drive kit in the bay and slide it into the connector.
10. Replace the two screws to secure the hard drive kit to the notebook.
11. Reinstall the 3.5-inch module.
12. Insert the battery, connect the AC adapter, modem and network cables, and turn on your notebook.
Note:All hard drives listed on this page are bare drives only. You need re-use the orignal hard drive caddy or buy a new hard drive caddy.