Hard Drive Installation Guide for HP N6000 Series Laptops.
You’ll need a small Phillips screwdriver for this procedure.
1. Unplug the ac adapter if you’re using one, and remove the battery.
2. Turn the unit bottom side up and remove both hard drive screws.
3. Raise the cover on the end of the drive so that its retainer tab is free of the computer
casing, then gently pull the hard drive out of the computer.
4. Gently slide the new drive into the hard drive compartment. Press firmly to make sure the connector seats properly.
5. Slide the cover down into place (so the retainer tab engages the casing), and reinstall both hard drive screws.To replace the hard disk drive holder
Our new hard drives for HP laptops are bare hard drives, which do not have hard drive covers, you can remove the
cover parts from the old hard drive. You’ll need a small Phillips screwdriver for this procedure.
1. Remove all six screws from the holder and drive case, then lift the drive out of the
2. Notice that the hard drive has a pin connector attachment at one end. Carefully remove this connector from the end of the drive. Work alternately at each end so that
the connector slides off evenly without bending the connector pins.
3. Carefully put the pin connector attachment back onto the pins on the end of the new hard drive. Work alternately at each end so that the connector slides on evenly
without bending the connector pins.
4. Insert the connector through the end of the holder, and lower the drive into the holder.
5. Reinstall all six screws into the holder and drive case. The thinner screws go nearest the connector.