Hard Drive Installation Guide for Compaq Presario 2200; HP ze4900; Compaq/HP nx9020, nx9030, nx9040.
You will need a small Phillips screwdriver for this procedure.
1. Unplug the AC adapter, if connected.
2. Remove the battery pack.
3. Turn the unit bottom side up.
4. Use a pointed tool to remove the plugs from the 2 or 3 screw holes, then remove the screws. The number of screws varies by model. Match your notebook to the following illustration.
5. Gently pull the hard drive out of the notebook.
6. Remove & Re-use the Hard Drive Holder
a. Remove the 4 screws from the sides of the holder and drive case, then slide the drive out of the holder.
b. Notice that the hard drive has a pin connector attachment at one end. Carefully remove this connector from the end of the drive. Work alternately at each end so that the connector slides off evenly without bending the connector pins.
c. Carefully put the pin connector attachment back onto the pins on the end of the new hard drive. Work alternately at each end so that the connector slides on evenly without bending the connector pins.
d. Insert the new hard drive into the holder.
e. Reinstall the screws into the holder and drive case.
7. Gently slide the new drive into the hard drive compartment. Press firmly to make sure the connector seats properly.
8. Reinstall the hard drive screws and plugs.