Mini PCI card installation guide for HP dv1000 series, HP Compaq nx4800 series and Compaq Presario V2000 series.1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the
computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the computer on,
and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power cord.
4. Remove the battery pack.
5. Loosen the PM2.0×5.0 screw 1 that secures the Mini PCI compartment cover to the computer.
6. Lift the rear edge of the Mini PCI compartment cover , and then swing it forward.
7. Remove the Mini PCI compartment cover.
***Make note of which wireless antenna cable is attached to which antenna clip on the Mini PCI communications card
before disconnecting the cables.
8. Disconnect the wireless antenna cables  from the Mini PCI communications card.
9. Spread the two retaining tabs  that secure the Mini PCI communications card to the communications compartment socket. (The board rises up).
10. Remove the wireless communications card  by pulling the board away from the socket at a 45-degree angle.
Reverse the above procedure to install a Mini PCI