HP Compaq Optical Drive Installation Guide -HPDV1000
Optical Drive (CD/DCRW/DVD-ROM/DVDRW Drive) Installation Guide for HP DV1000 Series, HP Compaq nx4800 series and Compaq Presario V2000 series laptop computers.A. Prepare :
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in hibernation, turn the computer on, and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power cord.
4. Remove the battery pack.B. Remove the optical drive:
5.Remove the PM2.0×7.0 screw 1 that secures the optical
drive to the computer.
6. Insert a thin too[l], such as a paper clip, into the media tray release hole . (The optical drive media tray releases from the optical drive.)
7. Use the media tray frame to slide the optical drive  out of the computer.
8. Remove the optical drive.C. Reverse the above procedure to install the optical Drive.