Optical Drive Installation Guide for HP DV5000 Series Laptops
1. Before you begin any removal or installation procedures:
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the
computer is off or in hibernation, turn the computer on,
and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power cord.
4. Remove the battery pack
2. Position the computer with the left side toward you.
3. Remove the Phillips PM2.5×11.0 screw  that secures the optical drive to the computer.
4. Push the rear edge of the optical drive  to disconnect the drive from the system board.
5. Remove the optical drive .
6. If it is necessary to replace the optical drive bracket, remove the two Phillips PM2.0×4.0 screws  that secure the bracket to the optical drive.
7. Remove the optical drive bracket .
Reverse the above procedure to install an optical drive.