Optical Drive (CD, DVD, CD-RW, DVD+/-RW) Installation Guide for HP dv8000, dv8100, dv8200, dv8300, dv8400 series laptop computers.
1. Shut down the computer. Disconnect the power cord. Remove the battery pack.
2. Position the computer with the left side toward you.
3. Remove the Phillips PM2.5×13.0 screw (1) that secures the
optical drive to the computer.
4. Insert a thin tool, such as an unbent paper clip (2), into the media tray release hole and release the media tray.
5. Use the media tray to slide the optical drive (3) out of the computer.
6. Remove the optical drive.
7. If it is necessary to replace the optical drive bracket, remove the two Phillips PM2.0×4.0 screws (1) that secure the bracket to the optical drive.
8. Remove the optical drive bracket (1).Reverse the above procedure to install an optical drive.