Dell Inspiron 4000 Hard Drive Assembly Guide
NOTICE: The hard drive is very sensitive to shock. Handle the assembly by its edges (do not squeeze the top of the hard drive case), and avoid dropping it.Removing the Hard Drive
NOTICE: Disconnect the computer and any attached devices from electrical outlets, and remove any installed batteries.
NOTICE: To avoid ESD, ground yourself by using a wrist grounding strap or by touching an unpainted metal surface on the computer.
NOTICE: Read the procedures in General Safety Guidelines for Working with Notebook Computers.
1. Remove the screw from the hard drive door.
2. Slide the drive door up until the drive assembly tabs disengage from the door slots in the bottom case assembly.
3. Pull the drive assembly straight out of the bottom case assembly.Replacing the Hard Drive
1. Push the drive assembly into the hard drive opening of the computer.
2. Align the drive assembly tabs with the bottom case assembly slots and push down until it clicks into place.
3. Replace the screw in the drive door.