Dell Inspiron 630m, 640m Hard Drive Installation Guide
CAUTION: Before you perform any of the procedures in this section, follow the safety instructions in the Product Information Guide.
CAUTION: Do not touch the metal housing of the hard drive if you remove the hard drive from the computer while the drive is hot.
NOTICE: To prevent data loss, turn off your computer before removing the hard drive. Do not remove the hard drive while the computer is on, in standby mode, or in hibernate mode.
NOTICE: To avoid electrostatic discharge, ground yourself by using a wrist grounding strap or by periodically touching an unpainted metal surface (such as the back panel) on the computer.
NOTICE: To avoid damaging the hard drive, handle the drive with care.
1. Follow the instructions in General Safety Guidelines for Working with Notebook Computers.
2. Loosen the two captive screws securing the hard drive cover, then remove the cover and set it aside.
NOTICE: When the hard drive is not in the computer, store it in protective, anti-static packaging. See "Protecting Against Electrostatic Discharge" in the Product Information Guide.
3. Use the pull-tab to slide the hard drive toward the screw holes, then lift the drive straight up to remove it from the computer
4. Place the new hard drive into the bay, then slide it away from the screw holes into the connector until it is fully seated.
5. Replace the hard drive cover and tighten the screws.