Dell Inspiron 6400, 9300 & 9400 Hard Drive Installation GuideRemoving the Hard Drive;
CAUTION: If you remove the hard drive from the computer when the drive is hot, do not touch the metal housing of the hard drive.
CAUTION: Before you begin the following procedure, see the safety instructions in the Product Information Guide.
NOTICE: To help prevent damage to the system board, remove the main battery (see Before Working Inside Your Computer) before working inside the computer.
NOTICE: To prevent data loss, turn off your computer before removing the hard drive. Do not remove the hard drive while the computer is on, in standby mode, or in hibernate mode.
NOTICE: Hard drives are extremely fragile; even a slight bump can damage the drive.
1. Follow the instructions in General Safety Guidelines.
2. Turn the computer upside down and remove the two M3 x 3-mm screws.
NOTICE: When the hard drive is not in the computer, store it in protective antistatic packaging. See "Protecting Against Electrostatic Discharge" in your Product Information Guide.
3. Slide the hard drive out of the computer.Replacing the Hard Drive:
NOTICE: Use firm and even pressure to slide the drive into place. If you use excessive force, you may damage the connector.
1. Slide the drive into the bay until it is fully seated.
2. Replace and tighten the screws.Which hard drive to choose:
Some laptop uses IDE hard drive, some laptop uses SATA hard drive, varying by laptop model. Please click Hard Drive Note
below to select right right hard drive for your laptop.