Dell Inspiron 5000 Memory Installation Guide
Dell Inspiron 5000, 5000E Memory Installation Guide
1. Follow the procedures in General Safety Guidelines for Working with Notebook Computers.
2. Remove the memory module cover:
a. Turn the computer upside-down.
b. Remove the two screws from the memory module cover (the larger cover).
c. Slide the memory module cover as far as it will go towards the middle of the computer, and then remove the cover.
3. Remove the current memory modules if needed:
a. Push the release tabs on either side of the memory module away from the module.
b. The module will pop up at an angle.
c. Pull the module from its socket.
4. Install new memory modules.
5. Replace the memory module cover.