Dell Inspiron 630m Removing the Hinge Cover Guide
CAUTION: Before you perform any of the procedures in this section, follow the safety instructions in the Product Information Guide.
NOTICE: To avoid electrostatic discharge, ground yourself by using a wrist grounding strap or by periodically touching an unpainted metal surface (such as the back panel) on the computer.
NOTICE: The hinge cover is fragile and can be damaged if extreme force is used. Exercise care when removing the hinge cover.
1. Follow the instructions in General Safety Guidelines for Working with Notebook Computers.
2. Remove the two M2 x 3-mm screws inside the battery bay.
3. Turn the computer over, and then open the display all the way (180 degrees) so that it rests flat on your work surface.
4. Insert a plastic scribe into the indent along the right edge of the hinge cover to pry the hinge cover loose.
5. Moving from right to left, ease the hinge cover up and remove it from the computer.