Dell Inspiron 630m Removing the Keyboard Guide
CAUTION: Before you perform any of the procedures in this section, follow the safety instructions in the Product Information Guide.
NOTICE: To avoid electrostatic discharge, ground yourself by using a wrist grounding strap or by periodically touching an unpainted metal surface (such as the back panel) on the computer.
1. Follow the instructions in General Safety Guidelines for Working with Notebook Computers.
2. Remove the hinge cover (see Removing the Hinge Cover Guide below).
NOTICE: The key caps on the keyboard are fragile, easily dislodged, and time-consuming to replace. Exercise care when removing and handling the keyboard.
3. Insert a plastic scribe or small flat-blade screwdriver near the keyboard retention tab on the left or right side of the palmrest to pry one side of the keyboard loose, then pry the remaining side of the keyboard loose, as necessary.
4. Lift the keyboard and hold it up and slightly forward to allow access to the keyboard connector.
5. Release the latch on the system board connector to disconnect the keyboard cable.